To be the Regional Center for Excellence in Medical Education by 2020 whose graduates are capable primary health care physicians aware of moral and spiritual values in a changing world and conscious of the obligations of the physician regarding these values in the practice of medicine.
The Dr. Francisco Q. Duque Medical Foundation believes that it has the moral obligation to prepare its students for life by providing the intellectual training in a democratic atmosphere to become a physician with ethical values, compassionate attitude, and responsive to the needs of the country.
Goals and Objectives
Formation of a basic physician who is educated in the methodology principles of Medicine and who has the necessary background to practice primary health care with minimum dependence on sophisticated facilities but with maximum use of his senses and skills; and to motivate him/her to go to post-graduate training in a specialty or research.
1. Formation of a physician who is conscious and responsive to the health and medical needs of a Developing Country as compared to a Developed Country.
2. To graduate ready for his role as a health care provider, teacher, researcher, community leader and manager.
3. To encourage graduates to practice in the region.
In pursuit of these goals, the curriculum of the FQDMF College of Medicine has been designed to:
1. Provide opportunities for the student to develop scientific attitudes and habits by the use of scientific methods which consist of observation, evaluation, analysis of data, medical reasoning and formulation of hypothesis thereby coming to valid conclusions.
2. Establish a meaningful interaction between the students and the community by way of community-oriented institutional co-curricular activities in health care education and delivery;
3. The majority of faculty memebers are selected from the pool of qualified medical educators and the most respected practitioners in the region who can serve as role models and inspire students to practice in the region.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION TO THE COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
Students wishing to enroll at the Lyceum-Northwestern University Dr. Francisco Q. Duque Medical Foundation College of Medicine must submit to the Dean’s Office the following:
- Completed APPLICATION FORM for admission into the College of Medicine
- National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) result
- Transfer Credential Certificate/Official Transcript of Records
- Photocopy of College Diploma or Certificate of Graduation
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate issued by the National Statistics Office
- Police Clearance or NBI Clearance
- Four (4 pcs.) 2×2 pictures
- *Certificate of Eligibility for Admission to Medicine (CEAM) to be processed by the LNUFQD Admission Office
- Application/CEAM Fee of Php 1,000 to be paid at the Cashier’s Office (Official Receipt must be submitted to the Office of the Dean / Admission Office
10. Medical Health Certificate including Chest X-ray, Fecalysis, Urinalysis, CBC
- For students who have passed the PRC Licensing Examination (e.g. Nursing, Medical Technology, Pharmacy, etc.), submit a photocopy of PRC Board Rating Certificate)
12. (Optional) For students availing of PVAO or USV AO educational benefits and other scholarship grants, submit a Certificate of Grant.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS
- Student Visa (9f)
- Alien Certificate of Registration/ICard (ARC-IC) issued by the Bureau of Immigration & Deportation
- Personal History Statement (PHS) with original photos and signature
- Certified copy of Passport pages where name, photo, birthdate and birthplace appear
- Notarized proof of adequate financial support (Bank Statement) of sponsoring party
- Transcript of Records and Certificate of Graduation should be duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in the applicant’s country of origin or legal residence
- Notice of Acceptance
Applicant should be a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or Bachelor of Arts (A.B.) degree holder (Four-Year course) and should have earned credits in the following subjects which could either be within or in addition to the baccalaureate degree requirement:
Chemistry 10 units (Organic, Inorganic, Biochemistry)
Biological Sciences 15 units
Physics 5 units
Mathematics 9 units
REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENT-TRANSFEREES
- Transfer Credential Certificate (Honorable Dismissal) with Certification of Grades earned from the medical school
- Certified copy of NMAT
- Certified copy of Pre-Med Transcript
- Certified copy of Certificate of Eligibility for Admission to Medicine (CEA)
- Birth Certificate/Passport Biopage
- Certificate of Good Moral Character from former Professor or Dean
- 3 pcs. (2×2) pictures with nametag
- Valid Student Visa and ACR for foreign students*
- Application / Evaluation fee of Php 500 payable at the Cashier’s Office
DR. FRANCISCO Q. DUQUE MEDICAL FOUNDATION
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
Tel. No. (063-75) 5154416