College of Medical Laboratory Science
The Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science (Medical Technology) is a four-year program consisting of general education subjects and professional subjects. The second semester of the fourth year level is the internship porgram of six (6) months in an accredited training laboratory with rotational duties in different sections such as Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, Immunohematology (Blood Banking), Immunology/Serology, Urinalysis and other Body Fluids (Clinical Microscopy), Parasitology, Histopathologic/Cytologic techniques and other emergent technologies.
A Center of Academic Excellence in Medical Laboratory Science whose graduates are competently skilled in routine and specialized laboratory practice that will contribute to the uplift of the Medical Laboratory Science profession within the next 5-10 years.
The College believes that the main concern of the Medical Technology Education is to provide the country with Medical Laboratory Scientists (Medical Technologists) who are morally responsible and competently skilled to deliver the full spectrum of medical laboratory science services required in modern health care, gainfully employed members of the society, meet the challenges and demands of the profession with confidence and be recognized as being vital unit in public health service locally, nationally and internationally.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The main concern of the Medical Laboratory Science Education is to provide the country with Medical Laboratory Scientists who are scientifically competent to deliver the full spectrum of medical laboratory technology services required in modern health care.
The College of Medical Laboratory Science has formulated the following objectives in line with the university goals and objectives:
1. To provide the students with adequate learning facilities that will develop their inherent potential as Laboratory Scientists and potential researchers.
2. To provide the students with knowledge that will make them productive and gainfully employed members of the society.
3. To instill in the students the value of accuracy and precision in performing laboratory examinations and the orderly system of reporting and recording of results.
4. To teach the students with the necessary skills in laboratory techniques by training them with the correct procedures in the collection, preservation, examination and disposal of specimens.
5. To become a vital unit in public service through the delivery of basic laboratory services, by virtue of its extension services.
6. To provide the students with programs and activities for the formation of personal values, character and personality.
7. To inculcate in their minds the duties and responsibilities attached to the profession.
Tapuac, Dagupan City