College of Nursing
College of Nursing
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is a four-year program consisting of general education and professional courses. Professional courses begin in the first year and threads through the development of competencies up to the fourth year level. The BSN program provides an intensive nursing practicum that will refine clinical skills from the first year level to ensure basic clinical competencies required of a beginning nurse practitioner.
The BSN program aims to develop nurses needed by the Philippine society and global community; one who is scientifically informed, socially aware, equipped with the social and spiritual values, commitment and technical competence in any setting wherever their services are needed. Graduates of the BSN program are expected to perform the competencies under each of the Key Areas of Responsibility namely safe and quality nursing care, management of resources and environment, health education, legal responsibility, ethico-moral responsibility, personal and professional development, quality improvement, research and record management.
MISSION AND PHILOSOPHY
In line with the Philosophy and Objectives of Lyceum-Northwestern University, the College of Nursing aims to develop nurses needed by the Philippine society and global community; one who is scientifically informed, socially aware, equipped with the social and spiritual values, commitment and technical competence in any setting wherever their services are needed.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
1. To develop in the students a sensitive awareness of the health needs of the society as well as commitment to alleviate the problems arising from there.
2. To teach the students the necessary skills, knowledge and attitude for the promotion of health, prevention of illness, restoration of health and alleviation of suffering.
3. To inculcate the proper social, spiritual and moral values to face whatever incidences they may encounter in the practice of their profession.
4. To develop in the students an outlook to conduct researches using the nursing process and utilizing their findings accordingly.
5. To maintain harmonious working relationships with the agencies affiliated into; for a synchronized objective regarding OJT program.
6. To develop in the students a community spirit through community oriented, institutional co-curricular activities.
7. To develop linkages with professional organization for faculty and student development.
8. To establish connection with the alumni of their professional advancement and utilize their assistance in the improvement of the college.